- 1 and Health
- 1.1 1. Mouthwash First Thing in the Morning
- 1.2 2. Use Fluoride Mouthwash
- 1.3 3. Use a Desensitizing Toothpaste
- 1.4 4. Reduce Your Intake of Acidic Foods
- 1.5 5. Avoid Hard-Brushing and Overbrushing
- 1.6 6. Avoid Abrasive Toothpaste
- 1.7 7. Consider Teeth Whitening Products
- 1.8 8. Eat a Healthy Diet
- 1.9 9. Sugar-Free Gum
- 1.10 10. Use Fluoride Treatment
Many people suffer from tooth sensitivity, but don’t know the best way to go about relieving it. The first step is visiting your local dentist, but there are some simple solutions you can use to reduce sensitivity and restore your smile.
1. Mouthwash First Thing in the Morning
Using a mouthwash first thing in the morning helps to reduce the acidity in your mouth and remove bacteria, reducing the pain related to sensitive teeth.
2. Use Fluoride Mouthwash
Using a fluoride-containing mouthwash can help strengthen your teeth and prevent them from becoming more sensitive.
3. Use a Desensitizing Toothpaste
There are desensitizing toothpastes available that can help to reduce sensitivity. Make sure to choose one that is specifically designed for sensitive teeth.
4. Reduce Your Intake of Acidic Foods
Acidic foods, such as citrus fruits, can cause your teeth to become more sensitive. Reducing your intake of these foods can help to reduce the sensitivity of your teeth.
5. Avoid Hard-Brushing and Overbrushing
Brushing your teeth too hard or too often can lead to sensitive teeth, as the enamel can get worn down. Make sure to use a soft toothbrush and brush gently.
6. Avoid Abrasive Toothpaste
Certain toothpastes contain abrasive ingredients that can wear away at your teeth and make them more sensitive. Try switching to a gentler toothpaste.
7. Consider Teeth Whitening Products
Products such as bleaching and whitening strips can help to reduce sensitivity and restore your smile.
8. Eat a Healthy Diet
Eating a healthy diet can help to keep your teeth strong and healthy, and reduce the risk of sensitive teeth.
9. Sugar-Free Gum
Chewing sugar-free gum can help to reduce the amount of plaque and bacteria in your mouth, which can reduce the sensitivity of your teeth.
10. Use Fluoride Treatment
Fluoride treatments can help to strengthen and protect your teeth, reducing sensitivity and restoring your smile.
These simple solutions can help to reduce the symptoms of sensitive teeth and restore your smile. For more advice and information, it’s always best to speak to your dentist or dental hygienist.