Do you know enough about the modern-day version of the traditional Chinese therapy, Tui Na? Over the past few decades, Tui Na massage therapy has become increasingly popular among people of all ages, as it is an effective therapy that can help with stress relief and improved health and overall wellbeing.
What is Tui Na Massage?
Tui Na, or Tuina, massage therapy is an ancient form of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) that uses an array of massage techniques to achieve the desired result; relief from stress, body aches and pains, and improved overall health. Tui Na is performed by a trained, qualified therapist and involves hand maneuvers, acupressure, stretching and application of oil or powder that can treat particular medical issues as well as provide deep relaxation.
The Benefits of Tui Na Massage Therapy
Tui Na massage has been proven to offer numerous benefits, both physical and psychological, that include:
- Reduce tension, stress and anxiety. Tui Na massage helps reduce stress, anxiety, tension and can help bring about relaxation in both the body and the mind.
- Increase circulation. Tui Na enhances the body’s circulation of both blood and qi, allowing oxygen and nutrients to circulate through the body’s tissues more easily and promote healing.
- Pain relief. Tui Na massage therapy helps to reduce and even eliminate tension-related chronic pain.
- Increased range of motion. Tui Na therapy works with the muscles, ligaments, and tendons to improve mobility, flexibility and range of motion.
- Boost immune system. By strengthening circulation and stimulating acupressure points, Tui Na also helps boost the immune system and helps improve overall health and wellbeing.
- Improved emotional balance. Promoting emotional balance and calming the mind is also a significant benefit of Tui Na therapy.
Tui Na massage therapy is a versatile treatment approach that can be used to treat a variety of conditions, from sports injuries to digestive issues. If you’d like to try Tui Na massage therapy then rest assured that it’s safe and effective and can provide a number of positive physical and psychological benefits.