Are you feeling anxious or afraid when visiting the dentist? Are your phobias so deep that you often avoid regular dental check-ups and treatments? Don’t let fear keep you away from necessary dental visits. With sedation dentistry, you can experience comfort, relaxation, and have successful treatments when you visit the dentist.
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is a modern dental practice that reduces anxiety and makes you feel comfortable when undergoing a dental or medical procedure. It helps you to remain relaxed and calm throughout the treatment, releases you from feeling scared and makes you comfortable during the dental visits.
Sedation dentistry is also known as sleep dentistry or oral sedation, which is prescribed by the dentist and administered by a qualified professional. It is usually combined with local anaesthesia, which helps to reduce the pain associated with treatments.
Types of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry can be divided into two different categories:
- Inhaled minimal sedation – a mixture of nitrous oxide (or laughing gas) and oxygen is used. This helps to relax the patient and keep them conscious.
- Oral sedation – a mild sedative in the form of a pill or liquid will be taken orally prior to the treatment. This medication helps to relax the patient more than nitrous oxide and the patient may visit a state of semi-consciousness and deep relaxation.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry offers many benefits for patients who want to remain relaxed, calm and stress-free during their dental treatments and health.
- It helps patients with dental anxiety to cope with their fears
- It reduces the gag reflex
- It reduces overall discomfort and pain
- It reduces the amount of time needed for performing a dental procedure
- It offers the patient a more pleasant and successful treatment
- It enables patients to have multiple treatments done at one time
With sedation dentistry, you can feel comfortable and relaxed during your dental treatments and health. Find a qualified practitioner who can provide you with the best quality service and make sure to get the care and health you deserve.
Choose Quality Sedation Dentistry
It is important to choose a qualified and experienced dentist when it comes to sedation dentistry. Qualified practitioners will provide you with the best service and make sure you feel relaxed and comfortable during dental treatments. Make sure you pick a qualified practitioner who will give you the best quality service and make sure you receive the care and health you deserve.
Sedation dentistry is the perfect way to make sure you feel comfortable and relaxed during your dental treatments and health. Contact a qualified practitioner to experience the comfort and relaxation associated with sedation dentistry. Get ready to feel relaxed during your next dental visit and show off your beautiful and healthy smile.