Kayaking: Learn How to Paddle and Explore New Places with Health Benefits!
Kayaking is a quickly growing outdoor activity that’s perfect for exploring new and exciting places. It is also an excellent way to stay healthy and fit. With relatively little gear and skill, kayaking offers a host of amazing health benefits.
The Benefits of Kayaking for Health
- Improvement of cardiovascular system: Kayaking uses large muscles of the body to create power, thus pushing the heart and improving its functioning. With every stroke in the water, the heart rate increases, and so does the flow of blood, getting the blood vessels to expand.
- Strengthening muscles: Kayaking gives an overall workout of the body and even helps in toning the muscles. The repetitive use of arms and legs helps in getting into shape both, the upper and the lower part of your body.
- Burning calories: Studies show that a 150-pound person can burn up to 400 calories in less than an hour kayaking.
- Mental clarity: Kayaking can be a great way to reduce stress and de-clutter the mind. It provides an opportunity to be surrounded by nature, pushing your body and mind to work together at its fullest potential.
Learn How to Choose the Right Kayak and Get Out on the Water!
Now that you have learned about the amazing health benefits of kayaking, it’s time to start exploring the world of kayaking. In order to do this, you’ll need to choose the right kayak for you and your area of exploration.
- Select the hull shape – Sit-on boat are better suited for exploration, as they provide a more stable platform for you to enjoy the views.
- Choose the right size – If you are shorter than 5’6″ and weigh less than 175lbs, you are better off in a short and narrow kayak, as it will be more maneuverable and better suited for the size of the paddler.
- Select the right materials – For extremely calm water, plastic kayaks are great, but they become heavy to move around. Fiberglass and composite materials offer great sensibility, but they are more costly.
Once you have the right kayak and equipment, it’s time to choose a place to explore and enjoy the scenery. You can start with short paddles, gradually pushing yourself into longer distances.
Kayaking has lots of health benefits, and is suitable for almost anyone. With a little training and the right gear, you can easily learn these useful paddling techniques and start exploring new places. Have fun and stay safe!