Simple Steps to Help Prevent Respiratory Diseases:
Respiratory diseases can be very severe, some of which can even be life-threatening. It’s essential to take the necessary steps to help protect yourself and your family from becoming ill. Below are some simple steps that can be taken to help prevent respiratory diseases:
Breathe Clean Air:
- Stay away from areas with high air pollution.
- Avoid smoking or being around those smoking.
- Make sure your home has good ventilation.
Follow Good Hygiene Practices:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- When you are coughing or sneezing, cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or upper sleeve.
- Disinfect surfaces in your home to reduce spread of germs.
- Eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Exercise regularly to keep your body strong.
- Manage stress levels to keep your body and immune system in balance.
- Get adequate rest to ensure your body remains healthy.
- Get vaccinated against the flu and pneumonia.
By following these simple steps, you and your family can help prevent respiratory diseases. Keeping a healthy lifestyle and making sure the air you breathe in is clean will be the key to keeping you safe from respiratory diseases.